Freedom in Christ Ministries
The information in this column was provided to MinistryWatch by the ministry itself. It was last updated 3/1/2021. To update the information in this column, please email: email@example.com
The vision of Freedom in Christ Ministries ("FCM") is to boldly and strategically resource leaders world-wide to establish the Church free in Christ.
Since its inception, FCM has had the privilege of seeing thousands of changed lives around the world. Priority is given to resourcing pastors, church leaders, missionaries, and those in parachurch ministry in all parts of the world so they may be able to teach others. Churches, mission groups, ministries, Bible colleges, and entire denominations have been equipped and encouraged. FCM continues to expand and currently has staff in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Minnesota, North Carolina and Tennessee as well as Canada, Switzerland, and India.
9051 Executive Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37923-7923
Phone: (865) 342-4000
CEO/President: Dan Studt
Chairman: Dr. John Fugate
Board size: 9
Founder: Dr. Neil T. Anderson
Year founded: 1989
Tax deductible: Yes
Fiscal year end: 12/31
Member of ECFA: Yes
Member of ECFA since: 1998
Freedom in Christ Ministries is an international, interdenominational ministry which exists to glorify God by prayerfully and strategically equipping and resourcing churches, Christian organizations and mission groups, in keeping with the Great Commandment in order to accomplish the Great Commission.
One of the major purposes of Freedom in Christ Ministries is to help individual Christians, churches and ministries resolve their personal and spiritual conflicts through genuine repentance. This requires a whole answer which takes into account the reality of the spiritual world, personal responsibility, the authority of Scripture, and the work of the Holy Spirit who will bring conviction and lead us into truth which will set us free.
Freedom in Christ Ministries uses the following to express its mission:
The mission of Freedom in Christ Ministries (FICM) is to equip and resource individuals, marriages and ministries to experience spiritual freedom (as predicted of Jesus the Messiah in Isaiah 61) through genuine repentance and faith in God. Those who are set free are then empowered to walk in newness of life to become growing, fruitful disciples of Jesus Christ.
Internationally, FICM has offices and representatives in Canada, Mexico, Trinidad, Venezuela, Argentina, UK, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Latvia, Romania, Liberia, Ethiopia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Malaysia, Australia and the United States.
In the United States, FICM's vision is to establish and nurture a growing network of Community Freedom Ministries (CFM) all across the nation and beyond.
A CFM is an environment of grace and truth in which an individual, couple or group of individuals under church authority seeks to establish a "freedom presence" in a locale. That "freedom presence" consists of teaching the message of freedom (as written in FICM founder, Dr. Neil Anderson's, best-selling books); taking individuals through the powerful discipleship tool, "The Steps to Freedom in Christ"; and training others to utilize the "Steps".
In order to equip and empower Community Freedom Ministry Associates (CFMAs), who are the endorsed volunteers leading CFMs, FICM-USA has developed an online training institute, CFM University. There are now over 150 CFMAs operating in over 30 states and several foreign countries.
Statement of faith
Freedom in Christ Ministries uses the following to express its Statement of Faith:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and only authoritative word of God.
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
- He lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
- He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
- He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historical fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Man's nature is corrupted, and he is thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth, and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power, and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures, and for mutual encouragement.
- At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
- At physical death the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth--personally, visibly, and bodily--to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us."
Financial efficiency ratings
Sector: Evangelism Support
|Category||Rating||Overall rank||Sector rank|
|Overall efficiency rating||327 of 940||20 of 51|
|Fund acquisition rating||659 of 942||33 of 51|
|Resource allocation rating||229 of 942||15 of 51|
|Asset utilization rating||329 of 940||20 of 51|
|Funding ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Return on fundraising efforts Return on fundraising efforts =
Fundraising expense /
Fundraising cost ratio Fundraising cost ratio =
Fundraising expense /
Contributions reliance Contributions reliance =
Total contributions /
Fundraising expense ratio Fundraising expense ratio =
Fundraising expense /
Other revenue reliance Other revenue reliance =
Total other revenue /
|Operating ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Program expense ratio Program expense ratio =
Program services /
Spending ratio Spending ratio =
Total expenses /
Program output ratio Program output ratio =
Program services /
Savings ratio Savings ratio =
Surplus (deficit) /
Reserve accumulation rate Reserve accumulation rate =
Surplus (deficit) /
General and admin ratio General and admin ratio =
Management and general expense /
|Investing ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Total asset turnover Total asset turnover =
Total expenses /
Degree of long-term investment Degree of long-term investment =
Total assets /
Total current assets
Current asset turnover Current asset turnover =
Total expenses /
Total current assets
|Liquidity ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Current ratio Current ratio =
Total current assets /
Total current liabilities
Current liabilities ratio Current liabilities ratio =
Total current liabilities /
Total current assets
Liquid reserve level Liquid reserve level =
(Total current assets -
Total current liabilities) /
(Total expenses / 12)
|Solvency ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Liabilities ratio Liabilities ratio =
Total liabilities /
Debt ratio Debt ratio =
Reserve coverage ratio Reserve coverage ratio =
Net assets /
|Receivables, inventories, prepaids||$57,839||$68,200||$49,400||$61,347||$50,208|
|Other current assets||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Total current assets||$898,248||$732,687||$495,304||$459,985||$438,949|
|Other long-term assets||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Total long-term assets||$6,513||$3,046||$8,284||$15,927||$1,774|
|Payables and accrued expenses||$234,969||$125,611||$106,849||$137,135||$139,688|
|Other current liabilities||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Total current liabilities||$234,969||$125,611||$106,849||$137,135||$139,688|
|Due to (from) affiliates||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Other long-term liabilities||$31,652||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Total long-term liabilities||$31,652||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Without donor restrictions||$268,938||$319,163||$101,696||$116,386||$94,130|
|With donor restrictions||$2,369,202||$290,959||$295,043||$222,391||$206,905|
|Revenues and expenses|
|Program service revenue||$72,611||$100,183||$86,789||$76,172||$94,478|
|Total other revenue||$98,923||$104,491||$92,558||$78,448||$101,164|
|Management and general||$88,810||$84,672||$76,050||$73,950||$69,687|
|Change in net assets||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
|Other changes in net assets||$0||$0||$0||$0||$8,021|
|Total change in net assets||$28,018||$213,383||$57,962||$37,742||$31,386|
Compensation data as of: 12/31/2019
We believe that the Lord is preparing His Church for the final days leading up to His return. Times will get tough and persecution of Christians and churches will increase dramatically. Every believer will be affected. For God's people to not only survive but thrive, we are going to need to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Eph. 6:10). In order to be "strong in the Lord" we need to know who we are in the Lord. If we are basing our acceptance, significance, security and life on anything but who Christ is in us and who we are in Him, we will be crushed. And we need to be strong in the strength of His might. Dependence on the flesh has never worked in Christ's kingdom and even the best ideas and plans and problem solving skills of natural man will not enable God's people to make it through the tough days ahead. Many churches will have to shut their doors and will be driven underground. In addition, believers in Christ will be forced to move from a theoretical belief and understanding of spiritual warfare to a profoundly functional one. The activity of the evil one will become more brazenly apparent as our society's morals decline. We remain ignorant of his schemes at our own peril. We have the encouraging news, however, that "thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place" (2 Corinthians 2:14). Christ is Victor! Jesus has won the war so that we can win the battles until He returns. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! (2 Corinthians 3:17). Let's be faithful to walk by the Spirit until the day Jesus brings us home.
The information below was provided to MinistryWatch by the ministry itself. It was last updated 3/1/2021. To update the information below, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FICM began under the leadership of Dr. Neil T. Anderson in 1988 while he served as chairman of the practical theology department of Talbot School of Theology. Dr. Anderson observed that Christian students struggling in their faith had several common issues: they didn't understand what it meant to be "in Christ" and they weren't experiencing that "Abba! Father!" connection to God as His children. They also were not winning the spiritual battles for their minds.
In response to the need to see God's people freed to be growing, fruitful disciples, Dr. Anderson wrote Victory Over the Darkness and The Bondage Breaker, both of which have sold over one million copies. Dr. Anderson also developed a simple, transferable ministry tool by which one follower of Christ could sit down and help another struggling believer to walk in freedom. That tool, The Steps to Freedom in Christ, has been used to help tens of thousands of people both in the U.S. and around the world.
FICM conducts conferences and resources the body of Christ with over 120 books, CD's, DVD's and other materials. But the main focus of FICM-USA is to equip people on a grass roots level with the message and ministry of freedom so that they can start Community Freedom Ministries right where they live. Those who have been set free themselves are the best candidates for developing a ministry to set others free. A Community Freedom Ministry (CFM) involves an individual, couple or group of individuals who are seeking to establish a "freedom presence" in their home church or hometown. That "freedom presence" involves teaching the message of freedom (as written in Dr. Anderson's books), taking people through The Steps to Freedom in Christ, and training others to use the "Steps."
Equipping to start and grow a CFM is now provided through the cutting edge online training resource, CFM University. CFMU opened its doors to students in the fall of 2010 and offers courses as well as a "face to face" Practicum designed to provide the launching pad for those desiring to coordinate a CFM.
Those involved in freeing God's people to be growing, fruitful disciples need lots of encouragement. Students completing the first two courses of CFM University (CFM 101 and 201) and the Practicum can stay connected with FICM and each other through the CFM NETWORK. FICM is asking God for 10,000 endorsed volunteers, called Community Freedom Ministry Associates (CFMA) to join the CFM NETWORK in the next 20 years.
More than 3 million adults have been reached through Freedom in Christ Ministries' conferences, resources, and multi-lingual staff in over 60 countries.
500,000 youth have been ministered to through the Youth Ministry.
Over 2 million copies of "Victory Over the Darkness" and "The Bondage Breaker" have been sold.
In this past year, over 70,000 individuals have been served through FICM-USA. The ministry publishes more than 120 resources.
The ministry resources are published in 50 languages including Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
There are currently ministry offices in 6 strategic countries: Australia, Switzerland, India, Canada, United States and the United Kingdom.
Ministry offices are being developed in the following countries: Venezuela, Malaysia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Liberia and Ivory Coast.
Thank you for praying for Freedom in Christ Ministries. We are asking God to raise up a development department for the purpose of discovering the funds the Lord has for us as we seek to expand our Community Freedom Ministry strategy all across this great nation. We are also asking God to raise up 10,000 volunteers to lead CFMs in every state and major city in the country. And we are asking the Lord to give us great wisdom in preparation for, as well as scholarship funding for FICM delegates from around the world as they come to the USA in the summer of 2014 for training and encouragement.