Kenneth Copeland Ministries/ KCM/ Eagle Mountain International Church
Kenneth Copeland Ministries, was created by Kenneth Copeland as a preaching and speaking platform concerning God's Word. Kenneth Copeland Ministries is a dba for "Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc." Kenneth Copeland Ministries website states in part as of December 2007: "The KCM message is far reaching, touching every nation, whether you are in the United States or a remote part of the world. With the help of our international offices in Africa, Australia, Canada, Europe and the Ukraine, the good news of Jesus Christ has reached millions of people. It continually flows through every available voice, from the daily and Sunday Believer's Voice of Victory television broadcast, conventions and victory campaigns, the Believer's Voice of Victory magazine and the Internet." Kenneth Copeland Ministries has chosen not to be open and transparent with MinistryWatch.com. As such it is difficult to understand all aspects of its ministry.
Forth Worth, TX 76192-0001
Phone: (817) 252-2700
CEO/President: Mr. Kenneth Copeland
Founder: Mr. Kenneth Copeland
Year founded: 1970
Tax deductible: Yes
Fiscal year end:
Member of ECFA: No
Member of ECFA since:
Kenneth Copeland Ministries (KCM), was created by Kenneth Copeland as a preaching and speaking platform concerning God's Word. Kenneth Copeland Ministries is a dba for "Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc."
Kenneth Copeland Ministries website states in part as of December 2007: "The KCM message is far reaching, touching every nation, whether you are in the United States or a remote part of the world. With the help of our international offices in Africa, Australia, Canada, Europe and the Ukraine, the good news of Jesus Christ has reached millions of people. It continually flows through every available voice, from the daily and Sunday Believer's Voice of Victory television broadcast, conventions and victory campaigns, the Believer's Voice of Victory magazine and the Internet."
Kenneth Copeland Ministries has chosen not to be open and transparent with MinistryWatch.com. As such it is difficult to understand all aspects of its ministry.
Prudent donors want to understand what it is they are going to support. Some ministries claim they have no legal obligation to share financial or other information -- but they do have a moral obligation to do so. Without access to comprehensive ministry information it is not possible for donors to make optimal giving decisions. Ministries that seek to obscure critical information from scrutiny undermine the faith and trust of donors and damage attitudes that have a long term negative impact. For those few ministries that state it has no legal obligation, it should be noted that donors are even less so obligated with any legalist obligation to give, but they do have a moral obligation to give in a prudent and wise fashion. Transparency is a consensus of practical sound wisdom. Many Christians are willing to live ethically without a governmental entity mandating that they do so. Transparency is the key component to a growing and prosperous donor -- ministry relationship and fundamental to long-term ministry success. Information, however, must be timely, relevant, accurate and complete for it to be used effectively.
Christians should have nothing to fear by being open. All will be judged at a future date, and with this thought in mind, how are we to conduct ourselves before God today? Organizations described as "Christian Ministries" are at least giving people an image of God. Is God characterized as closed, impartial and hidden; or, open, personable and knowable? Scripture enjoins Christians to conduct themselves honestly (1 Thes. 4:12; 1 Tim. 2:2), with due candor (Jms. 5:12) and grace (Col. 4:6), without deliberate offense to Jew, Gentile or the Church of God (1 Cor. 10:32), with decency and orderliness (1 Cor. 14:40), blameless, giving no occasion for rebuke (Phil. 2:15), and offering no opportunity for false accusation (1 Pet. 3:16). Responsibility for the resources God has placed in the trust of His saints is called "stewardship" in the Bible (1 Pet. 4:10), the person responsible for the resources is called the "steward" (Lk. 12:42; 16:1-8). Most Christians would not argue with the principle that the chief aim of man is to ..."to glorify God and enjoy Him forever." However, how can a "Christian Ministry" "glorify God" if they are not open? Are not organizations that hide things characterized as cults? Should not Christian ministries lead by example? Besides being characterized as a steward, Christians can be characterized as ambassadors and as light because God is light. Just these few summary ideas indicate that Christian ministries should be open and transparent. In addition, responsibility to God is linked to responsibility to government and mankind.
MinistryWatch.com's hope is that Christian ministries are indeed an example to follow and not otherwise. It is one of our premises that Christians should be light in a world of darkness and as such, Christians should be setting the standard by their conduct.
It is not enough for ministries to live up to the minimum of any written law, or to give all men their due. Ministries ought to give them more than their due. Ministries should be concentrating on the good of others, seeking reward in self-denial and sacrifice, and not of personal advantage. Therefore ministries should treat others as they would want to be treated by them, regardless of unworthiness and ingratitude.
Donors should be seeking information before they give as well as after. Before in order to have an idea where the money is intended, as well as if it corresponds to the donors values. And then after to see if it really happened. Trust but verify, so that they know if they would desire to continue to give.
Kenneth Copeland Ministries uses the following to express its Mission Statement on its website as of December 2007:
- The mission of Kenneth Copeland Ministries and Eagle Mountain International Church is to teach Christians worldwide who they are in Christ Jesus and how to live a victorious life in their covenant rights and privileges. The fulfillment of that mission takes place when those believers become rooted and grounded enough in God's Word to reach out and teach others these same principles.
- We are called to lead people, primarily born-again believers, to the place where they operate proficiently in the biblical principles of faith, love, healing, prosperity, redemption and righteousness, and to the place where they can share those principles with others.
- We are called to assist believers in becoming rooted, grounded and established in the Word of God by teaching them to give God's Word first place in their lives (Colossians 1:23, Psalm 112).
- We are called to reveal the mysteries, the victorious revelations of God's Word, that have been hidden from the ages (Colossians 1:25-28).
- We are called to build an army of mature believers, bringing them from milk to meat, from religion to reality. We are called to train them to become skillful in the word of righteousness, to stand firm in the spiritual warfare against the kingdom of darkness (Hebrews 5:12-14, Ephesians 6:10-18).
- We are called to proclaim that "Jesus Is Lord" from the top of the world to the bottom and all the way around. The vision is being accomplished through the ministry efforts of Kenneth Copeland Ministries, Eagle Mountain International Church and staff on a worldwide scale through the local church and the use of television, campaigns, conventions, books, tapes, recordings and personal correspondence and is multiplied through the financial support of other ministries of like purpose.
Statement of faith
Kenneth Copeland Ministries uses the following to express its Statement of Faith on its website as of December 2007:
- We believe in one God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, was resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life.
- We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the Redemption.
- We believe in water baptism, in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers.
- We believe in the Christian's hope-the soon-coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Financial efficiency ratings
Sector: Educational Media
This ministry has not been rated.
Financial ratios for this ministry have not been calculated.
Financials for this ministry have not been collected.
No response has been provided by this ministry.