The information in this column was provided to MinistryWatch by the ministry itself. It was last updated 2/18/2021. To update the information in this column, please email: email@example.com
CRISTA Ministries encompasses nine distinct ministries, (1) World Concern, (2) Intercristo,(3) King's Schools, (4)CRISTA Broadcasting, (5)CRISTA Camps and Conferences, (6)Christian Veterinary Mission, (7)Seattle Urban Academy, (8)Women's Ministries, and (9)CRISTA Senior Living.
In the sphere of Christian ministry, CRISTA is unique in the breadth, depth, and range of influence and assistance it provides every day, everywhere. They have the look and feel of a national or international community development organization. Generally "community development" is thought of as only a "local" activity, but CRISTA has pushed the boundaries.
CRISTA delivers practical services to people locally and internationally helping them live independent, transformational lives and calling them to do the same for others. With a deep commitment to their Christian faith and belief in the redeeming power of Jesus Christ, they express their love for God by serving people.
19303 Fremont Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98133-9703
Phone: (206) 546-7272
CEO/President: Jacinta Tegman
Chairman: Dennis Guhlke
Board size: 20
Year founded: 1948
Tax deductible: Yes
Fiscal year end: 06/30
Member of ECFA: Yes
Member of ECFA since: 1979
CRISTA Ministries encompasses nine distinct ministries with one common purpose. They deliver practical services to people locally and internationally helping them live independent, transformational lives and calling them to do the same for others. With a deep commitment to their Christian faith and belief in the redeeming power of Jesus Christ, they express their love for God by serving people.
The nine ministries are (1) World Concern, (2) Intercristo,(3) King's Schools, (4)CRISTA Broadcasting, (5)CRISTA Camps and Conferences, (6)Christian Veterinary Mission, (7)Seattle Urban Academy, (8)Women's Ministries, and (9)CRISTA Senior Living.
In the sphere of Christian ministry, CRISTA is unique in the breadth, depth, and range of influence and assistance it provides every day, everywhere. They have the look and feel of a national or international community development organization. Generally "community development" is thought of as only a "local" activity, but CRISTA has pushed the boundaries. They have one overriding desire in all they do - to love God by serving people.
CRISTA is a nonprofit organization and contributions to it are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. In addition, it is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
CRISTA Ministries uses the following to communicate its mission:
To overcome human suffering through emergency relief, rehabilitation and long-term development so that individuals and families can be in right relationships with God, one another and creation.
Statement of faith
CRISTA communicates its statement of faith as the following:
It is CRISTA's intent to encourage people, by our actions and our service, to seek and know Jesus Christ personally. CRISTA Ministries is Christianity in Action, conveying Christ's love by meeting people's needs and helping them find new and more abundant life in Christ, through unity of purpose and diversity of method. Our work is firmly grounded in Biblical truth, with faith integrated into all we do. The ministries of CRISTA strengthen the church community by serving and complementing their efforts.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and all that truly repent of their sins and believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, and His ascension into heaven and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in that blessed hope, the personal, bodily return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Financial efficiency ratings
Sector: Community Development
|Category||Rating||Overall rank||Sector rank|
|Overall efficiency rating||695 of 844||32 of 40|
|Fund acquisition rating||577 of 844||27 of 40|
|Resource allocation rating||398 of 844||18 of 40|
|Asset utilization rating||805 of 844||37 of 40|
|Funding ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Return on fundraising efforts Return on fundraising efforts =
Fundraising expense /
Fundraising cost ratio Fundraising cost ratio =
Fundraising expense /
Contributions reliance Contributions reliance =
Total contributions /
Fundraising expense ratio Fundraising expense ratio =
Fundraising expense /
Other revenue reliance Other revenue reliance =
Total other revenue /
|Operating ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Program expense ratio Program expense ratio =
Program services /
Spending ratio Spending ratio =
Total expenses /
Program output ratio Program output ratio =
Program services /
Savings ratio Savings ratio =
Surplus (deficit) /
Reserve accumulation rate Reserve accumulation rate =
Surplus (deficit) /
General and admin ratio General and admin ratio =
Management and general expense /
|Investing ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Total asset turnover Total asset turnover =
Total expenses /
Degree of long-term investment Degree of long-term investment =
Total assets /
Total current assets
Current asset turnover Current asset turnover =
Total expenses /
Total current assets
|Liquidity ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Current ratio Current ratio =
Total current assets /
Total current liabilities
Current liabilities ratio Current liabilities ratio =
Total current liabilities /
Total current assets
Liquid reserve level Liquid reserve level =
(Total current assets -
Total current liabilities) /
(Total expenses / 12)
|Solvency ratios||Sector median||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
Liabilities ratio Liabilities ratio =
Total liabilities /
Debt ratio Debt ratio =
Reserve coverage ratio Reserve coverage ratio =
Net assets /
|Receivables, inventories, prepaids||$5,110,000||$6,892,000||$6,434,000||$6,784,000||$5,009,000|
|Other current assets||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Total current assets||$12,355,000||$20,592,000||$22,392,000||$26,896,000||$33,947,000|
|Other long-term assets||$9,763,000||$15,961,000||$16,813,000||$14,950,000||$14,870,000|
|Total long-term assets||$128,994,000||$123,683,000||$124,437,000||$116,334,000||$107,304,000|
|Payables and accrued expenses||$21,080,000||$11,693,000||$10,560,000||$11,640,000||$10,939,000|
|Other current liabilities||$5,658,000||$5,064,000||$2,826,000||$2,621,000||$2,182,000|
|Total current liabilities||$26,738,000||$16,757,000||$13,386,000||$14,261,000||$13,121,000|
|Due to (from) affiliates||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Other long-term liabilities||$14,415,000||$14,990,000||$14,875,000||$14,067,000||$14,477,000|
|Total long-term liabilities||$22,133,000||$24,077,000||$24,830,000||$24,866,000||$26,541,000|
|Revenues and expenses|
|Program service revenue||$52,590,000||$1,159,000||$842,000||$731,000||$914,000|
|Total other revenue||$54,349,000||$71,858,000||$71,126,000||$71,186,000||$69,399,000|
|Management and general||$12,804,000||$13,004,000||$4,726,000||$4,582,000||$5,206,000|
|Change in net assets||2020||2019||2018||2017||2016|
|Other changes in net assets||($3,617,000)||$0||$0||($1,463,000)||$2,038,000|
|Total change in net assets||($8,449,000)||($4,948,000)||($1,953,000)||$2,514,000||$4,163,000|
|Robert Lonac thru Jan 2019||CEO||$323,117|
|Deborah Limb||Executive VP/COO||$292,454|
|Mark Alan Longenecker||VP of Senior Living||$241,870|
|Jacinta Tegman from Jan 2019||CEO||$212,367|
|Michael David Cole||Chief Resource Officer||$199,245|
|David Eller||Sr VP/Chief Dev Officer||$188,386|
|Kyle Roquet||VP Facilities/Construction||$179,533|
|Eric Rasmussen||VP Schools||$173,783|
|Ann Marie Mulholland||Gen Mgr KCMS/KCIS & Dir Sales||$171,326|
|Randall Hashimoto||VP Human Resources||$156,079|
|Timothy John Malievsky||VP Media||$153,646|
|Benjamin Wilson||VP Marketing and Brand Dev||$153,389|
|Melvin Jones||Gen MGR KFMK||$152,911|
Compensation data as of: 6/30/2019
No response has been provided by this ministry.
The information below was provided to MinistryWatch by the ministry itself. It was last updated 2/18/2021. To update the information below, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crista expresses its history as follows:
Alvin B. "Mike" Martin was a man of God who had a vision for reaching out with the love of Christ to high school boys and girls from broken homes. Mike and his wife, Vivian, started King's Teen Club in 1944. The ministry grew to where 80 to 100 teens were attending meetings for Bible study and fellowship.
Sensing that these teenagers needed more than a weekly meeting, Mike began looking for a farm large enough to allow them to take a few teenagers into their home.
The Lord had other plans. He led Mike to an abandoned tuberculosis sanitarium called Firlands. The 53-acre site included 35 buildings. With no money and lots of faith, Mike ended up leasing Firlands for $1 a month. The Martins later purchased the entire site for $100,001. "King's Garden" was born and incorporated in 1949. The school was founded in 1950.
For 40 years King's grew. King's Garden, Inc. quickly became more than a school. It also operated two radio stations, a printing press, a missionary letter-writing service, and a rest home for senior citizens.
As the Christian ministry kept expanding to include other areas, the name was changed in 1979 to "CRISTA Ministries". The campus also increased to 55 acres. As the Lord led, the ministry was expanded to partner with nine individual ministries focused in the following areas: Broadcast, Education, Senior Living, Humanitarian Relief & Development, Veterinary Missions, Job Search, Camps & Conferences, Alternative Education, and Women's Ministries.
- Broadcasting, a ministry of CRISTA, uses radio, special events, and the internet to draw people of all ages to Christ and to encourage Christians to grow in their faith. CRISTA Broadcasting's three radio stations (Spirit 105.3 KCMS-FM, Praise 106.5 KWPZ-FM, and KCIS-AM 630) serve Western Washington and Southwestern British Columbia locally and worldwide over the internet. With each station presenting a distinct format, CRISTA Broadcasting offers an appealing blend of contemporary Christian music, praise music, traditional hymns, Biblical teaching, prayer and daily encouragement.
- Christian Veterinary Mission (CVM), a ministry of CRISTA, encourages and enables veterinarians to live out their Christian faith by serving others through their profession. CVM provides animal care and education to rural communities in the developing world. In so doing, we express Christ's love, foster economic viability and transform communities by attending to individuals' physical, spiritual, mental, social and ecological needs.
- Intercristo, a ministry of CRISTA, provides a connection between employers and job seekers holding Christian values. We strive to help employers worldwide holding Christian values make the best hire. We encourage job seekers during a potentially discouraging time with job searches and career counseling.
- Island Lake and Miracle Ranch Camps, a ministry of CRISTA, are two camps with one mission: Proclaiming Christ through exceptional camp experiences! Awesome locations and a host of amazing things to do are just the beginning. Authentic relationships develop at camp in an environment that is fun and filled with outdoor adventure.
- King's Schools, a ministry of CRISTA, provide a program of academic excellence that encourages a lifelong commitment to Christian faith and service. Outstanding teachers prepare students to engage a diverse and changing world, delivering an excellent academic program from a Biblical perspective. Optimal class sizes encourage learning and relationship-building. To help develop lifelong commitment to Christ and a passion for service, King's Schools extend the classroom to the world where students live by encouraging involvement in other CRISTA ministries including World Concern, CRISTA Senior Living and Camps. More than 1,700 students attend preschool through grade 12 at our two campuses: King's Schools in Shoreline, and King's West in Bremerton.
- Seattle Urban Academy, a ministry of CRISTA, provides a safe, alternative high school education for at-risk youth from grades 9 through 12. Seattle Urban Academy prepares young people for life, encouraging and equipping students to achieve academically, succeed socially, develop emotionally and grow spiritually. A state-approved private school, Seattle Urban Academy bestows earned high school diplomas and prepares students to enter college or vocations.
- CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA, fosters an environment in which seniors experience dignity, joy and purpose. We offer two accredited non-profit continuing care retirement communities: CRISTA Senior Community in Seattle and CRISTA Shores in Silverdale, Washington. Amidst beautiful settings, both campuses offer Christian fellowship and opportunities for spiritual growth, intergenerational and volunteer programs, vibrant activities, health and wellness programs, educational opportunities, and lovely amenities.
- CRISTA Women's Ministries, a ministry of CRISTA, seeks to strengthen and enlarge Christ's Kingdom by engaging women in Christian leadership. Through workshops, seminars, special events, leadership enrichment and training, relationship development, networking, mutual encouragement and prayer, we equip women to make disciples, equip other believers, multiply leaders, and win the lost to Christ. Women's Ministries focuses primarily on women's ministry leaders and pastors' wives, but we desire all women, everywhere, to have a growing love relationship with Jesus Christ.
- World Concern, a ministry of CRISTA, is a Christian humanitarian organization that provides emergency relief and community development in some of the most neglected areas of the world. Out of a heart of servanthood and an expression of Christ's love in culturally sensitive ways, a network of 900 skilled staff workers, 1300 volunteers, several hundred international partners, and thousands of donors and child sponsors teaches local communities to help themselves. World Concern invests in people and regions for the long term, partnering with other organizations and government agencies to help ensure the greatest impact. The organization itself is an interdenominational organization that serves people in need regardless of their creed or religious beliefs. World Concern is committed to encouraging the Christian church and strengthening local institutions in communities where it works. World Concern strengthens families and helps poor people help themselves by providing life-saving food, opportunities for a more secure future through meaningful work, and the hope that comes from a healing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.